Watch the video of our informative and engaging webinar Ditching Disposables: Dish Washing and Dish Machines in K-12 Schools. This webinar explains some of the technical issues around bringing in a new washing system to a school site, a deep dive into an elementary school case study of reusables and how it led to state legislation (namely CA SB 1255), and also how schools can interface with dishware as a service (DaaS) and mobile dish machines. CEH is hosting Ditching Disposable webinars to encourage schools to move away from purchasing toxic disposable food ware items for youths.
Learn more about healthy foodware in schools from our toolkit.
Follow along with the presenters’ slides here and here.
– How to utilize your current dish machine and switch to reusables.
– How to begin the conversation around dish machines at your school.
– Mobile Dish Machine for K-12 schools.
– Policies that can help schools attain funding for dish machines.
– How dish machines can make K-12 schools more sustainable and resilient.
– Todd Bell: Senior Program Manager, Frontier Energy
– Monica Campagna: Glendale Environmental Coalition Steering Member and Campus Caretaker at Franklin Elementary
– Michael Bridges: PTA Board Member and Director of Development, Parks California
– Farhad Salehian: CEO and founder of DishJoy
– Monica Zamora: Head of Sales and Partnerships, DishJoy