Responding to the Pandemic in Our Communities
As the COVID-19 pandemic stretches on, so do the needs of people throughout our communities. It’s important that we come together to help our neighbors as best we can, and especially to help the vulnerable and marginalized among us.
But during social distancing, it’s not always obvious how to safely help others. We wanted to share some ways that CEH is helping in our community, as well as some ideas for how you can help in yours.
Since the start of this crisis, CEH has taken on small projects to help communities and organizations dealing directly with the health crisis. Our staff dedicated time to provide much-needed products to people struggling with homelessness, elderly individuals, and people who reside in low-income communities, as well as farmworkers and immigrant communities, including:
- A shipment of 160 environmentally preferred take-out boxes from Good Start Packaging delivered to Luka’s Community Kitchen, which provides meals to vulnerable communities during the Covid-19 crisis.
- A delivery of 30 reusable BlueAvocado lunch kits to Project Open Hand, which provides meals to seniors and the critically ill.
- Partnering with Californians for Pesticides Reform (CPR), CEH sent 120 organic cotton reusable face masks from Naturepedic to Tulare County residents, 120 face masks to Salinas residents, and 120 face masks to Fresno residents.
Even while staying socially distant, there are lots of ways to help your neighbors where you live. For example:
- Sew masks and donate them to health workers, essential workers, or vulnerable neighbors.
- Offer to pick up groceries for an elderly neighbor or one who is vulnerable to Covid-19.
- Donate to local organizations providing meals or safe shelter for people struggling with homelessless or are experiencing economic hardship.
Together, we will help each other through this difficult time and build a healthier future for all.
If you would like to receive a donation of environmentally preferred take-out boxes or organic cotton masks, please contact us here.