Nation Virtual Town Hall on 10/2/20
Our second town hall featured CEH Executive Director, Michael Green, in conversation with leaders on the frontlines of climate change and environmental health issues about why the 2020 election is more important than ever for environmental health and justice. This town hall’s featured speakers were Barbara Boxer, former U.S. Senator of California; Tamara Toles O’Laughlin, North America Director of 350.org; and Mustafa Santiago Ali, Vice President of Environmental Justice, Climate, and Community Revitalization for The National Wildlife Federation. You can find their bios here.
Watch the recording of the event livestream
Former U.S. Senator of California
Senator Boxer served 24 years in the U.S. Senate and has won numerous awards for her efforts to create a cleaner, healthier environment and for her dedicated work to address the threats of climate change.
Tamara Toles O’Laughlin
North America Director, 350.org
Tamara is an environmental advocate focused on building a multi-racial, multi-generational climate movement that is capable of holding our leaders accountable to science and justice.
Mustafa Santiago Ali
Vice President of Environmental Justice, Climate, and Community Revitalization, The National Wildlife Federation
Mustafa is a renowned thought leader, international speaker, policy maker, and community liaison working to secure environmental, health, and economic justice for vulnerable communities.
Ways to participate in the election
Make sure your vote counts:
- Check your registration status, know the rules in your state and Make a Plan!
- Vote early, no matter what method you are using
- Visit an Early Voting center as soon as possible
- If voting by mail, return your application right away. When you receive your mail in ballot, return it right away
- If voting in-person on Election Day, vote safely and early in the day.
- Volunteer to become a poll worker
- Share what you know with family, friends, and colleagues to help them make a voting plan too.
Be patient! Remember, the election is not over until all votes are counted and certified by state and local election officials.
Please join CEH and March On’s Voter Protection Corps for a bipartisan phone bank on October 8th and 15th!