Information We Collect
We not collect, store, use or disclose personally identifying information about users browsing our Website.
When you use or access our website we do collect the following information:
- (a)Website Data. We may collect common usage data about the ways our users view our website and the information available on or by accessing our website. Such usage is not personally identifiable and is not supplemented or combined with personally identifying or identifiable information.
- (b)Cookies and Similar Data. We assign cookies to you when you use the website. These enable you to more efficiently use our website. This information may also be used to enhance your use of our website if you visit the website more than once and to assist us in the administration and use of the website.
- (c)Information You Provide. On the website, we may request that you provide your name and email address. Providing this information is voluntary and this information will only be used by us in connection with your use of the website and our services. This information may also be shared with our partners or affiliates.
- (d)Donation Information. Should you wish to make a donation to Because Health through our website, we will collect the information needed to process your donation. Donations are handled through a third party credit card company that process the donations on our behalf. Our third party processor will collect the information needed to process your donation and they will share such information as necessary to allow us to verify the donation and the name and identity of the person making the donation.
Ways We Use the Information We Collect
- (a)Website Usage Data. We may share the information we collect with certain selected third parties, but only in aggregated, anonymous form. The data is generally used for completion and support of the current activity, for research and development, and to determine what future information and data to include on our website in the future.
- (b)Cookies and Similar Data. This information is used to enhance your use of our website and services. This information may also be used to facilitate the use of the website and services and to assist us with the technology used in the website and providing the services.
- (c)Information You Provide. We may use your name and email address to contact you regarding the services offered through our website or with the other services we provide. This information may also be used by our partners and affiliates.
- (d)Donation Information. We will use any information you provided regarding a donation as needed to allow for the accurate processing of any donation and to verify the donation. We will also use any donor or donation information we receive in order to comply with any applicable laws, including applicable tax laws, rules, and regulations. We maintain an internal listing of our donors and your information will be included in our donor information. With your permission, we may publicly list you as a donor and may contact you for further information regarding donations and future donations. Of course, at any time you can request to opt out of receiving any further communications from us.
Updating Your Personal Information
At any time you may update your name and email address and any other information you have shared with us by contacting us and providing updated information. In addition, at any time you may request that we delete your information from our records and we will stop using that information and remove it from our records.
Additional Disclosures of Information – Legal Requirements, etc.
We will disclose any information available to us, including your personal information, to the extent we have a good faith belief such action is necessary or appropriate in the following circumstances:
- i.Where disclosure is legally required;
- ii.To cooperate with a proper request from any law enforcement agency;
- iii.To comply with any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- v.To detect, prevent or otherwise address any security or technical issue, or any fraudulent use of our services;
- vi.To defend ourselves against any claim or lawsuit; or
- vii.To protect ourselves, our users or the public against any harm or damage to their persons or property, or as required or permitted by law.
We have appropriate security measures in place in our facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that has been collected from you through the Website. In addition, we use industry standard methods to prevent your information from being accessed without authorization.
Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard and to prevent unauthorized access to your private information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and we make no warranty we will prevent unauthorized access to your private information.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (WHETHER CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH A THIRD PARTY’S UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT, OR OTHER THEORIES OF LIABILITY, AND ALSO REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE WERE GIVEN ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE NOTICE THAT DAMAGES WERE POSSIBLE.
We reserve the right to change these policies at any time. Any such changes will be posted on our website and will be effective upon such posting (unless the posting specifies a different effective date).
COLLABORATIVE ON HEALTH AND THE ENVIRONMENT/ BECAUSE HEALTH
PO Box 316
Bolinas CA 94924
Telephone: (415) 868-0970
Because Health is a project of The Collaborative on Health and the Environment, which is fiscally sponsored by Commonweal, a 501(c)(3) non-profit.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or are aware of any infringing material on the Website, please contact us at:
and provide us with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Or contact us at:
PO Box 316
Bolinas CA 94924
Telephone: (415) 868-0970
Because Health is a project of Commonweal, a 501(c)3 nonprofit based in Bolinas, CA, and dedicated to spreading awareness of environmental health issues.